The Suppy Chain Council describes perfect order fulfillment as a descrete measurement defined as:
- The % of orders delivered to the right place
- With the right product
- At the right time
- In the right condition
- In the right package
- In the right quantity
- With the right documentation
- To the right customer
- With the right invoice
Failure to meet any of these conditions results in a less than perfect order.
We strive to do it right. This is how we do it.
- The NorthStar WMS is a complete pick – pack – ship system, no need to integrate a 3rd party ship system. Rate shop, address validation and produce all shipping documents from the same Pack screen.
- Eliminate manual data entry and the mistakes of key-stroking data and interpretation of hand-written data.
- Take advantage of real-time and accurate data with barcode scanning.
- Multiple points of validation throughout the order process.
- Transparency with time / date stamping to show:
- Who did What and when did they do it.
- Is everyone following the process.
The % of on-time orders X the % of complete orders X the % of undamaged orders X orders with correct paperwork = perfect order performance.
- Nobody wants inventory but you had better not have a stock-out.
- Customers don’t complain, they just go away.