Functional Definition (FD) a blueprint for implementing the NorthStar WMS
NorthStar Automation provides an up-front process and mutually agreed upon document, a Functional Definition (FD). This process will help determine alignment with your business fit and a blue print for implementing a warehouse management system. It can be broken down into 4 categories:
A business assessment to discover:
– Is there a business fit and strategic alignment?
– What is the TCO (total cost of ownership), Is there funding approval and what are the risks?
– Are all the departments involved? No decisions in a vacuum.
Development of the Functional Definition:
– Blueprint of the project and SOW (Statement of Work)
– People, processes and technology mapping
– Eliminate, enhance and or combine material handling
– Best options per hardware
– Data integration for importing and exporting data
– Is it better to make a process change or a source code modification
– Expectation and deliverables management
– Status tracking and reporting for total project transparency
– Post implementation assessment and an ongoing checklist
Value creation and customer alignment:
– The FD is a working document and continues through conception, approval and implementation for measuring success. The FD will define the roadmap to a successful rollout and establishes an on-going partnership.