End to end visibility and eliminating duplicate and manual data entry is a goal of most companies looking into adding or upgrading to a warehouse management system. As a service we will understand, configure and integrate the touch points of our WMS into your current systems and operations. The Interface features a standard API that can be used to communicate with your companies systems as needed. NorthStar Automation has fully compliant APIs for ERP and accounting software, shopping carts, EDI providers, international carriers and most any 3rd party software that supports an open import / export of data.
The NorthStar WMS will improve:
- Inventory Accuracy
- Order Accuracy
- Picking and Replenishment Efficiency
- Control of Products
- Space Utilization
- Stock Rotation
- Back Order Handling
- Resource Planning & Scheduling
- Labor & Equipment Productivity
- Performance Management
The NorthStar WMS will help reduce:
- Inventory / Safety Stock
- Damage / Shrinkage Product
- Search Times
- Paperwork & Human Error
- Physical Inventory
- Labor, Equipment & Utility Costs
- Driver & Delivery Costs
- Warehouse Costs
- Outside warehousing
Total Cost of Ownership
The total cost of ownership (TCO) for a warehouse management system (WMS) software refers to all the costs associated with implementing the system, In other words ,all of the costs associated with implementing everything necessary to make a warehouse management system totally operational to meet and exceed your customer’s expectations. The one thing you can count on is that things will change. Understand your decision as it pertains to owning or renting a system and understand the advantage or a disadvantage to both. Either way, turn your warehouse from a cost center to a profit center. The components of a turnkey WMS TCO are:
- Software: the license structure as it relates to a platform to either run it on your server, which is referred to as an on-premise WMS or to have it hosted over the Internet as a cloud or SaaS model. Also the set up as it relates to users and single or multiple warehouses
- Hardware: Server for an on-premise WMS, PC workstations for on-premise and cloud. Barcode mobile scanners and printers. And a RF (wireless) network.
- Remote Hosting: The cost of the service to maintain the WMS per a server set up over the Internet. Also consideration on broadband and connectivity requirements to the warehouse and redundant Internet providers. Also the ramifications of a month to month, 1-year, 2-year, 3-year or more contract.
- Implementation Services: All services to include remote and onsite to configure, integrate, modify, test and train for the WMS to begin operating live within your environment.
- Maintenance and Support: The annual cost to have support and maintenance on an on-premise WMS, also the annual maintenance and support for your barcode hardware and RF network.